Title: Web Developer
Location: St. Louis Park, MN Summary: Responsible for technical development, from requirement analysis, design, development, testing through to deployment and the management of the production environment.
Utilize strong commercial development experience, with skills to create and maintain stored procedures, manage database objects, perform data optimization tasks and maintain different versions of the code. Due to the nature of the project, the incumbent will work in an environment requiring small and frequent functional releases. This role is a proactive one where the individual is expected to be self-motivated and proactive as a key member of a software development team. To perform successfully, the incumbent is expected to be very “hands-on” and competent with technical work. Additionally responsible for working with other teams to integrate services and solutions and work on additional projects or tasks as assigned. Platforms of team responsibility include multiple ASP.NET MVC websites, such as the award-winning healthedeals.com direct-to-consumer sales portal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs, develops and implements software packages for desktop applications, web sites and other projects.
• Works in a team environment with other developers, designers, project managers and the leadership team.
• Implements best practices in software code and application testing.
• Conducts peer code reviews and performance of other development.
• Works on design and testing as needed.
• Works on development projects from initial architecture through completion of project using approved technologies.
• Works with design specifications and methodologies to be implemented on a given project as determined by the leadership team
• Applies common sense understanding and superior technical & development skills to carry out instructions furnished by the business leadership team.
• Manages problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Works with solid programming and development design, development and problem solving skills used in real world application development.
• Expedite change requests and provide quick and efficient solutions.
• Analyze business requirements and transform them into technical design.
• Proactively provide ideas and solutions toward improvement of the applications and the business.
• Assess risk and impact on the existing system that may arise due to any requirement or functional change.
• Performs similar job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• 2+ years of experience with C# and using the .NET framework
• 2+ years of experience with ASP.NET MVC web development
• Strong skills with WCF web services
• Strong skills with Entity Framework and SQL Server
• Strong grasp of current web technologies: HTML 5, CSS 3, jQuery, Bootstrap, AJAX
• Strong application analysis, design and implementation skills
• Strong working knowledge of object oriented programming concepts
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills
• Prefers to work in a team environment
• Desire to learn about the technologies, methodologies and continue to expand skills and knowledge
Additional preferred skills:
• TFS and automated deployment tools
• Orchard CMS
• Working knowledge in PDF design, development and toolkits
• Solid background in basic graphics manipulations using Adobe Photoshop
• Working knowledge of development of automated systems/processes
• Working knowledge of e-commerce and business to business design and development methodologies and strategies
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college and 2 - 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm, as in handling. Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word. Those activities in which require detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately and quickly. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication with or without correction. Repetitive Motion: Substantial movement (motions) of the wrist, hands and fingers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment with controlled temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.